New In - Soap&Glory Makeup







I've actually had these products for a good six months now and only got round to blogging about them today, so let's get straight to the point before they're discontinued...

I can't quite take to these brow gels. I think Benefit were the first to launch a fibre enriched, tinted brow gel, with quite a few high street brands to follow suit. So when Soap&Glory makeup was on 3 for 2 I decided to give it a try. The Archery Volu-Boost gel comes in three different shades like most of their brow products. When I bought it there were only two shades available, so I've got a shade called Mocha up Your Mind, which as been replaced by either Brownie Points or Hot Chocolate. The darkest shades are almost always perfect for me but I can imagine a lot of people having difficulties finding a shade match. The tinted gel has tiny little fibres in it, designed to make your lashes look fuller and keep them look groomed for up to 12 hours. It also claims to be waterproof, which often means the product leaves your brows feeling very crispy, and this is no exception. But then again, show me a brow gel which doesn't! Unfortunately my brows are very sparse and I'm aware that these products won't fill in larger gaps, however, it does make them look fuller. If you're looking for a product to tame your (otherwise perfect) brows and give them a bit of oomph, try this!

Next up is the Sexy Mother Pucker Matte-Lip. These are the cutest little lip crayons! The Mother Pucker Matte-Lip range consists of six shades and comes in sleek, matte, colour-coordinated packaging. It claims to sculpt and volumise, which is a bit exaggerated in my opinion; The shape however allows for precise application, which is great for thin lips like mine. It applies smoothly and doesn't go patchy on the lips at all. It's lightweight and although it's matte, it transfers quite easily. On the bright side, it won't dry out your lips! For £3.50 you really can't go wrong with these. I've got the shade Chocco Berry which is a lovely autumn/winter berry shade.

The powder version of Glow All Out has been my favourite highlighter for years. When I spotted the cream version in Boots I obviously had to get it and boy, I'm glad I did. Unlike the powder version, which is a peachy pink golden shade, the stick has more of a silvery champagne colour, aptly named Ice Shimmer. It's not overly creamy but does pack a punch pigmentation wise. I found the best way to apply this is dabbing it on with my ring finger and blending it with my RT Bold Metals 300 brush. You can build it up to a strong highlight without ruining your foundation, given that you don't apply it straight from the tube.
Same goes for the Love at First Blush cheek stick. If you're anything like me, you're running late most mornings. Any product that serves multiple purposes and lets you hit the snooze button just one more time is a winner in my books. This blush stick isn't for the faint hearted, it's very, very shimmery. It looks lovely when applied though, and I think the pink shade suits all skintones. It'd make a beautiful highlight on darker skintones as well! Much like the highlighter this dries down to a powdery finish which I love, I'm not a fan of cream products which feel heavy on my skin. Overall I'm smitten with the blush sticks and lip crayon and can't recommend their makeup range enough!

Have you tried any of these products or anything else from the S&G makeup range?

No comments