One drink too many this weekend? - Too Faced Hangover primer review




Ahh, the weekend - nothing like going out for drinks with the girls, wearing jeans and a nice top (the equivalent of cracking a cold one with the boys in case you didn't know). 

Unfortunately, this also means waking up with a bloody headache the next day. If you can stay in bed all day, fair enough but imagine it's auntie Carol's 50th birthday! Cue Too Faced Hangover primer. A primer loaded with probiotics, coconut water and olive oils, to fake a good eight hours of beauty sleep. Of course, it's not limited to those days where you have an actual hangover - whenever my skin is feeling dry, dull or just a bit meh, this is the product I reach for.

It comes in a 40ml tube with a pump, which is my favourite packaging for almost anything as it is the most hygienic option. The primer has a milky white colour and smells divine, it has a light tropical scent which isn't overpowering or artificial at all. The scent also fades quite quickly, for those of you who don't like intensely scented products. The primer feels light yet very smooth on application, although it's silicone-free. I'd say it acts as a primer and moisturiser in one as long as you don't have dry skin, in winter I'd probably use a moisturiser beforehand. I usually put this on top of my serum and SPF and let it sink in for a few minutes before I continue with my makeup.

I wore this during the heat wave we had recently and do have to admit it did not prevent my makeup from melting off my face. Then again I haven't found any other product which does. However, I did notice my makeup sits a lot better on my skin and my skin just looks healthier, which is why I also wear it on no makeup days. Overall I'm really happy with this primer and will repurchase it once I run out.

The Too Faced Hangover primer is available to buy in Selfridges or Debenhams for £27 (although you can get a 20ml travel size for £12 which works out 3 quid cheaper).

Have you tried this already? What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear what your favourite primers are!

No comments